The surf is up and you are out catching waves at sunrise! The power. The spray of salt water. The rush of the race against the wave. You did it! Morning Surf by Eva Makk. Order this limited edition giclee on canvas, signed and numbered by the artist.
Your artwork will be packaged in a secure box or tube, depending on what you purchase. The package will be shipped by USPS (United States Post Office), UPS or FedEx. All shipments are insured and will require an adult signature upon delivery. Please inspect your package immediately. If you see any damage to the outside of the box or tube, please tell the delivery person right away before you sign for the package. Take photos of the damage to the outside of the box and notify us ASAP via email along with photographs at email@example.com. It is rare that our packages arrive damaged. Sometimes, if there is a small dent in the box, the actual artwork or product is just fine, so don’t worry. We are just adding the above so you know you will be taken care of.
Most credit cards are accepted, along with PayPal. Choose whichever payment type works best for you. Thank you for adding Makk artwork to your collection.
If you like what you see on our website, and order a metal print, limited edition canvas giclee, a keepsake box or original painting, we guarantee that you will LOVE the actual artwork you receive. Quality is of utmost importance to us to pass on to the customer. If for some reason, you are not happy with your purchase, we will exchange the item for another piece of artwork or Makk product from our website within five days of signing for the delivery. Refunds are considered on an individual basis.
The Makk Family has been in business in the United States since 1962 under the name Makk Studios. All artwork you see on the website and in our studio has been painted/created by one of the Makk artists; Americo Makk, Eva Makk, A.B. Makk or Sylvia Makk. All original paintings and limited edition artwork are signed by the Makk artist who created the art. The canvas giclees and metal prints are produced in the United States. The aluminum for the metal prints is from the United States.
Certificate of Authenticity:
All limited-edition artwork comes with a certificate of authenticity. A sample can be seen below. All pertinent information is included on the certificate. This is given when a signed and numbered canvas giclee, or large metal print is purchased. This guaranties that the artwork is authentic from the Makk artists.
For original oil purchases, a replacement value document is given for insurance purpose.
Why Buy Makk Artwork?:
First and foremost, you should only buy artwork that grabs your attention and finds a place in your heart and soul. NEVER let anyone talk you into buying artwork you are not 100% certain about. YOU will be living with the art and not your friend, interior designer, architect, artist friend or art consultant. We have met quite a few people who have come back to us after listening to an “expert” who talked them into someone else’s art instead of “letting” them buy a specific painting by one of the Makk artists. Once you see something that truly impacts you, you will always remember it. One collector visiting our studio from Texas pulled a photo from his wallet and asked if we still had the painting by Americo Makk he saw fifteen years ago. That specific painting was sold long ago, but we were able to find something similar that made him happy. Buy what you like and you will be emotionally rewarded every time you sit and look at the artwork.
Buy what you like, but it is always a bonus to buy from an artist that has a history backing him/her.
- Eva Makk and Americo Makk especially, have been painting for over 65 years with a plethora of accomplishments and accolades. (Americo Makk passed in 2015)
- Eva Makk and Americo Makk painted ceiling and wall murals in thirteen cathedrals in Brazil! There are tours through the cathedral in Jau (just outside of Sau Paulo) pointing out the Makk murals. They signed their artwork Casal Makk (Makk Couple).
- Being the official artists of the Brazilian government, Eva and Americo were commissioned to study the Amazon natives and create paintings and murals of their way of life. Many of these tribes do not exist today.
- Check out Americo Makk’s Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americo_Makk
- Eva and Americo Makk’s son A.B. Makk has been painting since the age of five (which was a long time ago). He was written up in one of the Brazilian newspapers as the little Picasso!
- Sylvia Makk is A.B. Makk’s wife and joined the Makk Family in 1988. She always liked to draw back in her days living in Canada. She took up painting with both brush and palette knife in the early 1990’s. Sylvia also enjoys photography.
- Please refer to the “About Us” for more info on the Makk artists.
- Americo Makk painted two portraits of President Ronald Reagan. One was presented by the Makk Family and a delegation to President Reagan in the Oval Office of the White House. It now hangs in the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
- Eva Makk painted the First Family, President Reagan and Nancy Reagan. It is housed in the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
- Americo Makk painted a portrait of President Jimmy Carter. It was a gift from the State of Hawaii to President Carter.
- The Makk Family have had shows nationally and internationally, including two shows in the Senate Rotunda in Washington, D.C.
- The Makk artists can paint anything under the sun. Their subject matter is vast. Commissions are welcome if you would like something unique.
- Portrait commissions are possible – both casual or formal portraits as well as pet portraits
- The Makks are avid supporters of many non-profits and donate artwork to raise funds. Charities include the American Heart Association, Kidney Foundation of Hawaii, The Cancer League of Colorado, Habilitat, Rotary, Volunteers of America, Global Down Syndrome Foundation, The Queens Medical Center (Honolulu) and many more.
- Makk artwork are wonderful gifts that last for a lifetime. The small metal prints and keepsake boxes make super personal or corporate gifts.